Staff & Leadership
We Are Looking Forward to Talking to You
Do you have a question? Are you looking for more information on how you can volunteer or donate?
Current Job Openings
Reports to: Executive Director, works closely with Board of Directors Treasurer and Financial Review Committee
Qualifications: Two-year accounting degree required, 4-year accounting degree preferred. 2 years general ledger and accounts payable experience necessary.
Requirements/ Skills: Accuracy, attention to detail and financial aptitude. Must be able to efficiently use QuickBooks and must be proficient in Excel. Knowledge of construction accounting a plus. Must be able to handle budget responsibilities, payroll regulations and month-end closing.
The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and the ability to represent and understand our Christian organization is necessary. Valid driver’s license required.
Job Classification: Part-time
Hours: Typically, M-Th, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM with additional attendance at some organizational functions. Hours maybe flexible.
Job responsibilities: include book keeping and financial record keeping and reporting. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Bookkeeping—responsible for all general ledger accounting processes
* Reports any irregularities in the financials to the Board of Directors and Financial Review Committee
* Record deposits into QuickBooks
* Process all payments and expenses in QuickBooks, prepare checks, assure prompt payment and discount use
* Prepare all month-end adjusting journal entries
* Reconcile account balances with Keystone (receivables and donations) sub-ledger system
* Prepare monthly asset and liability account reconciliations
* Monitor compliance with document retention policies
* Monitor/handle all issues involving credit cards including compliance with Payment Card Industry standards and merchant services.
* Monitor internal controls and develop additional controls where needed
* Liaison with Financial Review Committee to ensure review of bank and credit card reconciliations
Payroll- Record payroll in QuickBooks
* Ensure proper reporting and tax deposits
* Maintain employee payroll records—updates, new employees
* Ensure compliance with all payroll changes and regulations
* Responsible for accuracy of employee deductions for garnishment requirements, health insurance,
Financial Reporting—responsible for monthly, annual and special reporting
* Generate monthly financial statements
* Prepare financial documentation, as needed, for grant funders
* Prepare information for annual audit
* Prepare annual budget
* Prepare reports for directors as needed, such as Cost of Builds, Budget Performance Reports, Functional Expense analysis, etc.
* Assist treasurer with preparation of board information
* Various record keeping activities/monitoring of various business accounts (i.e. cell phones, insurance etc.)
Cash/Asset Management—responsible for monitoring cash needs, and maintaining external contacts
* Reconcile and monitor daily cash receipts from ReStore operations and petty cash accounts
* Pursue collections of NSF checks
* Monitor partner family escrow balances to ensure compliance with Alabama banking laws and calculate mortgage changes as needed.
* Maintain banking and credit card relationships
* Maintain employee credit card access, limits, reporting and documentation
* Manage multiple checking and savings account, assuring proper balances.
Assist with fundraising activities as needed and support and assist in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
Please submit all resumes to Lauren@morganhabitat.org
Morgan County Habitat is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
You can contact our staff by email by clicking on their name or you can call them at 256-340-9609.
- Lauren Barrett – Executive Director – ext. 222
- Lydia Beck – Family Services Coordinator – ext. 224
- Landis Griffin – Volunteer and Construction Coordinator- ext 223
- Ashley Thompson – Construction Manager
You can contact our ReStore staff by email by clicking on their name or you can call them at 256-308-1160.
- Ray Stewart
- Gavin Zigenfus
- Bradley Hatcher
- Michael Moore
- Titus Smiley
- Zac Templeton
Board of Directors
- President: Donna Whitten, Consolidated Solutions Group
- VP: Dewayne Eddy, LPL Financial
- VP Construction: Garth Lovvorn, Valley Mowing Company
- Secretary: Emily Roberts, Valley Rubber
- Treasurer: Cindy Reid, Cerrowire
- Tom Apse, 3M
- Charlene Barney, M & D Mechanical
- Jenny Denton, State of Alabama
- Dewayne Eddy, LPL Financial
- Ron Grantland, Tennessee Valley Consulting
- Scotty Hall, Ascend Performance Materials
- Jason Kiefer, Cook’s Pest Control
- Heath Kirby, People’s Bank
- Garth Lovvorn, Valley Mowing
- Clint McLeroy, Redstone Federal Credit Union
- Cindy Reid, Cerrowire
- Emily Roberts, Valley Rubber
- Jackie Warner, Saputo Dairy
- Donna Whitten, Consolidated Solutions Group
- Seddrick Williams, Renasant Bank